|Hand-dyed, hand-woven, hand-sewn|
I'm not sure exactly how much yarn I used for this, but I'd hazard a rough estimate at approximately 7000 yds of laceweight & 2000 yds of fingering weight for all the fabric I wove up. Granted, there was a small pile of scraps at the end that were either too small to use, or that I didn't have to use since the block was already large enough. The centre of each block was woven in BFL using my Coccodrillo, and the surrounding strips were woven on Sandy using superwash merino. All the yarn save the undyed parts were dyed using Greener Shades dyes. All the structures required only 2 shafts, and there are 3 blocks of each weave structure in the quilt. It took me a good month or two to finish this in its entirety.
I made the quilt to accompany a book - The Plainest Weave - I made for the same project. I had had the idea since the start of the term, but just writing and rewriting the draft took a while, and I was making changes even as I was printing the first side of the pages.
Once I get better pictures of everything (probably closer to March, when we have our department's Open House and there's better lighting), I will be updating my website. And in the meantime, if anyone is interested in purchasing this & the accompanying book, feel free to send me a message, the only caveat being that I still need everything until March at least.