Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Scarlett's Garden Test

Love this lacey shawl! Hand-knit using my own hand-dyed yarn!

It's been pretty hard keeping this one secret! I'm in love with this shawl! The pattern, Scarlett's Garden, is well-written and easy to follow - perfect for a beginner lace pattern, I think. The crescent shape is also very versatile, allowing you to drape it over your shoulders on chilly spring days and summer evenings, or to wrap it around your neck during the cold winter months.


I knit this one up in Fleece Artist 2/6 Merino that I hand-dyed. Can I just say this yarn is incredibly luscious? The entire knitting process was heavenly. And the yarn relaxed during the blocking and became even softer than before (if possible). Definitely going to be dyeing up more of this. And maybe there will be some left to put into my store after I set aside all the projects I'll have to make with this beautiful yarn?


This particular shawl has gone to a good friend of mine, Shirley, a fellow printmaker. The colour reminded me of her first space woodcut, and I thought it was very fitting. I have also been promising to knit her a shawl for about a year or so now, so I hope she likes it! And of course, now that this has been gifted away, I suppose I'll just have to make one for myself, right? I do have so much fingering-weight yarn lying around...

No comments:

Post a Comment